PeaceWorks Technology Solutions has always had a goal of providing technology solutions to not-for-profit organizations that were unable to afford large and complex IT support from corporate IT providers. It began as a volunteer opportunity that grew into a business of like-minded individuals that wanted to use their skills for good. Enabling organizations to use computer technology effectively and affordably enables them to pursue their vision and allows us to adopt a piece of their mission as our own.
Certified B Corp
We are proud to be one of the founding Canadian B Corporations. Certified since 2011, we welcome the opportunity to join a community of like-minded organizations that “use the power of business to solve social and environmental problems.” We know that we have joined a growing movement and a community that keeps us accountable for measuring what matters most. This rigorous certification helps us retain our socially-minded vision through the inevitable changes that the future will bring. Watch this video about the B Corp movement to learn more. Listen to our podcast with Social Impact Advisors about this movement and what it means to us.
Who We Are
PeaceWorks is a different type of technical organization. We have strong expertise, but we are personally and professionally rooted with values that reflect social justice, community, and integrity. We believe that staff and clients are valued partners in bettering our world.
A better world through technology.
Working with organizations to strengthen mission delivery through technology.
- Trusted Partnership: We value our staff and clients as partners in achieving our vision. We foster long-term partnerships built on trust and integrity, listening, and delivering solutions that fit organizations well and help them succeed.
- Social Justice: We promote justice, equality, opportunity, and an equitable distribution of resources within our communities, acknowledging the responsibility to ensure the dignity and well-being of all people. We seek to understand the plight of the oppressed and marginalized people of our society, and to respond with meaningful reform.
- Engagement and Expertise: We are a worker-owned business with governance that demonstrates values of democracy, equality, and equity. We take pride in applying our skills and expertise to living our values and helping our clients to achieve their missions.
- Environmental Stewardship: We strive to preserve and protect our environment for present and future generations. We commit to follow best practices for reducing our environmental footprint in areas such as product and energy consumption, e-waste, travel and commuting, and beyond.
- Financial Sustainability: We balance the need of providing affordable services with the need for financial sustainability. Healthy profit is required to retain, develop, and fairly compensate our staff and to ensure we remain a stable partner for our clients.