PeaceWorks believes that not-for-profit and charitable organizations enable members with the greatest needs to be actively involved in our communities. These organizations involve people who are doing the work that we enthusiastically support. The people and the causes that they work for are the reason for our existence. Together, with these organizations, we have been able to provide:
- Online communities that provide secure collaboration for volunteer groups, researchers, social networking and other forums.
- eCommerce tools to better support community and international artisans.
- Library management solutions connecting and archiving our stories and histories.
- Development of an SMS-based reporting tool that allows field workers and in-country nationals to provide up-to-date information on the status of projects in rural areas of developing countries.
- Ongoing computer systems support for a wide range of grass-roots organizations including support centres, counselling agencies, local Community Health Centres, shelter programs, independent living centres, food distribution agencies, the Social Planning Councils, and many more.
How are we Qualified to Serve NFPs and Charities?
For more than 20 years we have made it a priority to provide first-rate technology solutions to organizations that could pursue their visions more effectively through the use of technology. Realizing that funding is always a concern and that budgets are often constrained, we have always worked hard at providing clients the best solution for their goals, budgets and priorities. This motivates us to be creative, to find innovative solutions that are tailored to the specific needs of NFPs and Charities, and to work as a team to share our ideas to ensure that all of our clients are receiving the same benefits. Working with both For-Profit and Not-for-Profit organizations alike has allowed us to provide:
- A discounted rate for NFP clients that really need to be subsidized
- Sharing of resources, such that smaller clients with minimal budgets can take advantage of equipment that other clients are looking to upgrade
- Purchasing power to make use of quantities of scale and to find NFP rates and deals that would otherwise be unknown
How are we Successful?
We are a group of programmers, technicians, self-proclaimed geeks, community volunteers, environmentalists, readers, bicyclists, campers, gamers, dancers, actors, martial artists, experimenters, researchers, parents, photographers, and much more. Our skill set covers a broad range of business areas, brought to life using both proprietary and open source architectures. We work well together because, although we are all different and share different interests, we are all passionate about using the benefits of technology to help those that are supporting others.
We’re a business that helps organizations both locally and around the globe. Our clients are your community leaders, neighbours, friends, partners and family members. We believe that our technology solutions help our clients do their jobs even better. When they succeed, so do we.
Our Proven Solutions
We are committed to providing high quality technology solutions to our clients. We have:
- over 20 years of experience
- a large client-base with a high retention rate
- consistent growth, primarily through word of mouth referrals
- a clear focus on strengthening our mission to the not-for-profit sector
- b Corp certification to solidify our commitment to social responsibility
- dedication to training and excellence